SubjectRe: Winmodem support, some performance tradeoff estimates
Alan Cox wrote:
>The real issue though appears to be entirely patents and chip documentation.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. However, I believe
that in the United States, the Uniform Commercial Code, as adopted
by all 50 states, requires all products sold to include all of the
necessary include patent permissions to use the product for its
advertised purpose unless otherwise stated.

I would be really surprised if winmodems were sold without a "license"
to use them as modems with the protocols that they're advertised to
support.

Note that that I am not even implying that these patents are valid
in the first place.

Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 205
adam@yggdrasil.com \ / San Jose, California 95129-1034
fax +1 408 261-6631 "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.076 / U:0.028 seconds]