    SubjectRe: Notebooks
    David Lang wrote:
    > I disagree, If we stop calling them "unstable" then people will start to
    > depend on them and if we have a buggy version it will cause more problems.
    > Yes some of them are more stable (we are after all getting ready to roll
    > over to 2.2) but the fact remains they are development version, things are
    > new, untested and (probably) will break at least on some systems.

    Talking about this, I'm trying now to compile the 2.1.115 on an
    UltraSparc. Have anyone ever tried it? If yes, did it work well? I'm
    getting myself pretty odd compilation errors. I might write a list of
    them, if anyone is interested. And would anyone know which 2.1 kernel
    version is considered the "most stable" for the Sparc platform?

    André Gonçalves Zelenkovas
    Universo Online - Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Phone +55 11 224 4383

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.021 / U:9.904 seconds]