SubjectRe: kill -9 <pid of X>
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Alex Buell wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Gerd Knorr wrote:
>
> > Can you run X11 on your vt100 ?
>
> I think you can. Just emulate the basic elements of windowing and text
> rendering in X11 as characters.. i.e something like TurboWindows (for
> MSDOG many moons ago). :o)

No no no. The graphics library should be able to do that
translation for you. And it (LibGGI) can. I've never tried XGGI with the
LibGGI terminfo target, but in principle it should work. Imagine
telnetting in to your box and firing up an X session over your VT102
terminal....

> Might rock one's world, especially with a big
> 132x80 console...

Which can be done on most SVGA hardware. Also, AAlib, which
"dithers" bitmaps down to ASCII art, also has a LibGGI target. I need to
dig up those GGIMesa-on-AAlib screen dumps....

> oh dear, I've been at the evil weed again..

Better smoke more, you aren't thinking big enough yet |->.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
- Scientist G. Richard Seed

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.265 / U:0.288 seconds]