SubjectRe: MDA framebuffer device
On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Martin Mares wrote:

> > 1) What can this dual headed setup be used for?
>
> For example, I use my secondary monitor for the system log and browsing
> through those tons of incoming mail.

Great!

> > 2) How is it used? What software is needed?
>
> > What I'd like to do is be able to have certain VC's on my VGA
> > monitor, and certain other VC's on my mono monitor. Say,
> > tty[1-8] on VGA and tty[12-15] on mono.
> >
> > I'd also like to be able to do dual monitor debugging with this
> > type of setup.
> >
> > Is this possible? What things do I need to do to make it happen?
>
> Please wait a week or two for the mdacon to appear -- it will solve
> all these issues in a clean way. It's possible to use the mdafb driver
> in current kernels, but it doesn't work too well.

Thank you very much for your reply! I will wait for the mdacon
to appear, and then give it a whirl. Will there be a
Documentation/framebuffer/mdacon.txt to describe how to use it?
I'm dying to get multiheaded, both for the usefullness, the
coolness, and to see the look on peoples faces when they see 1000
monitors on my system. ;o)

Only in Linux... ;o)

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.061 / U:0.336 seconds]