SubjectRe: TCP variable plotting utilities
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Ajit Anvekar wrote:

> Utilities like iptraf only show output of the packets that are going on
> the network with out any of the internal variables. I suppose this would
> mean hacking the kernel to view these variables. Could this be done via
> the proc/net interface or is there a better way of doing this ?? I also
> want the variables to be plotted in real time. Which packages would be
> ideal ??

I'm more used to using SNMP to do this kind of thing. Have you
investigated installing an SNMP daemon and looked at network monitoring
tools availavle on Linux?

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email: jdecarlo@mitre.org
voice: 703-883-7116
fax: 703-883-3383

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.033 / U:0.604 seconds]