SubjectRe: IDE-Driver Disk Accounting Missing, Maybe SCSI too......
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
> > Now if the driver is going to be "Orphaned", I am now publicly offering
> > to step forward and help until someone better qualified than me returns
> > or takes over.
> >
> > I have been asked to integrate the ARM, PPC, and M68K ide-device stuff
> > into the current source, which I am doing.
> Have you already talked to Russell King? He got quite far with that.

Yes, he contacted me out of the blue.

I am working on the 3rd patch revsion to bring the additions back into
the near orignial format.

I have send him patch #2 which I am running right now for about five hours
and no breaks or scratchs.........
About 50% of the chipset dependent files are smashed and I am work to
make them whole again.........I have about 20 hours in and at best another
60-100 hours to go............