    SubjectRe: IDE-Driver Disk Accounting Missing, Maybe SCSI too......
    On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

    > On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
    > > Now if the driver is going to be "Orphaned", I am now publicly offering
    > > to step forward and help until someone better qualified than me returns
    > > or takes over.
    > >
    > > I have been asked to integrate the ARM, PPC, and M68K ide-device stuff
    > > into the current source, which I am doing.
    >
    > Have you already talked to Russell King? He got quite far with that.

    Yes, he contacted me out of the blue.

    I am working on the 3rd patch revsion to bring the additions back into
    the near orignial format.

    I have send him patch #2 which I am running right now for about five hours
    and no breaks or scratchs.........

    About 50% of the chipset dependent files are smashed and I am work to
    make them whole again.........I have about 20 hours in and at best another
    60-100 hours to go............

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Geert (who's not eager to celebrate `5 year IDE support on my
    > machine' with the patches still not integrated. And I can't
    > even turn to NT if I get mad... :-)
    > --
    > Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
    > Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/
    > Department of Computer Science -- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven -- Belgium

    Cheers,
    Andre

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.031 / U:0.232 seconds]