    SubjectRe: Yet more VM writable swap-cached pages
    > The pte value above is very puzzling -- it says that the page is not
    > present, in which case the "writable" bit means PROT_NONE, not writable.
    > The pte value is tested immediately after dereferencing the page table
    > to make sure it's present, so I don't see how we could reach this point
    > without the page being present.
    > Maybe this is a compiler bug after all ...

    As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm pretty sure I'm using gcc I have
    redhat 5.1 which seems to have both gcc and egcs installed, but
    the kernel compiles seem to use gcc unless I'm missing something.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:0.376 seconds]