    SubjectRe: TCPv4 bad checksum - weren't they gone?

    On 8 Jul 1998, Kevin Buhr wrote:

    [lots of snippage]
    > Yes, disabling VJ compression will make the messages go away, but you
    > haven't made the *problem* go away. You are still, presumably,
    > dropping PPP frames for some reason, and the packets they contain must
    > be resent. You'll just be slaughtering your interactive connection
    > performance for no reason.

    I haven't been following this thread, but I just noticed that I have TCPv4
    bad checksums in my logs ... and this is on Ethernet. I thought this VJ
    compression was used on PPP links only? There were also messages saying
    "sending pkt_too_big to self" or something like that.

    If that means something to somebody, I can provide more information. Oh,
    this is on 2.1.108ac2 with 3c509.

    > Kevin <buhr@stat.wisc.edu>
    >
    > -

    Taneli <vahakang@cs.helsinki.fi>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.043 / U:29.720 seconds]