SubjectRe: TCPv4 bad checksum - weren't they gone?

On 8 Jul 1998, Kevin Buhr wrote:

[lots of snippage]
> Yes, disabling VJ compression will make the messages go away, but you
> haven't made the *problem* go away. You are still, presumably,
> dropping PPP frames for some reason, and the packets they contain must
> be resent. You'll just be slaughtering your interactive connection
> performance for no reason.

I haven't been following this thread, but I just noticed that I have TCPv4
bad checksums in my logs ... and this is on Ethernet. I thought this VJ
compression was used on PPP links only? There were also messages saying
"sending pkt_too_big to self" or something like that.

If that means something to somebody, I can provide more information. Oh,
this is on 2.1.108ac2 with 3c509.

Taneli <vahakang@cs.helsinki.fi>