SubjectRe: STILL NEEDED PATCH-2.1.107
In message <>, Christer
| wrote:
| >said is effectively : IPCs haves the logically correct placement in the
| >setup becouse they have. The compleatly analogous socket mechanism doesn't
| CONFIG_SYSVIPC contrls the SysV IPC, i.e. shmget, msgget, and semget.
Since it appears unclear and hasn't been explicitly stated yet:
CONFIG_SYSVIPC does *not* provide System V's TLI networking. It controls
System V's version of shared memory, message queues (which are not
networked), and semaphores.

Linux doesn't support TLI that I know of, aside from some compatibility
hacks in the iBCS module (which is not part of the stock kernel).

brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
system administrator [WAY too many hats]
electrical and computer engineering
carnegie mellon university (bsa@kf8nh is still valid.)