SubjectRe: [linux-usb] How to get aligned memory?
 >         This is a so silly question I feel dumb for not having able to
> find it myself ... how can I get aligned memory?
>
> The problem is I have this structure, 64 bits long which needs
> to be aligned to 16 bytes (thx, Intel >:), but I cannot find my to do
> it (except to allocate a lot until I get it aligned, which is quite
> wasteful :).
Have a look at the malloc man page. I think it tells you that a block of
n bytes (n a power of two) is aligned to the nearest higher power of
two, guarantueed. At least that is the way the Framelist is aligned in
my code. I do check that in debugging mode but it has not failed up to
now.

Nick

--
building: 27A
address: STA-ISIS, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy