    SubjectRe: 2.0 scsi BLIST_SINGLELUN and MBR-7
    Derrick J Brashear wrote:
    > I have a Nakamichi MBR-7 attached to my Sparc 4 running 2.0.35; It is detected
    > as such, and I can mount CDs on all 7 luns. However, if I try to access more
    > than one at once, it hangs the machine, and I must physically power-cycle it.
    > So I notice BLIST_SINGLELUN, that it sets SDpnt->single_lun, and that
    > ostensibly the code conditionalized on this should be excluding requests which
    > are causing me headaches. Yet, from experience of about 30 minutes ago, this is
    > not the case. My question is, does this code work for anyone, and I'm just
    > unlucky due to setup, or does the code simply not work?

    My MBR-7.4 is working fine. Two concurrent tars on 2 CDs are real slow
    but cause no lock ups (2.0.32 + some patches but not scsi related).
    One thing breaks the system: playing audio from one CD and trying to
    access another one. It seems, that the drive has problems with
    simultaneous audio playback und data access causing scsi lock ups.

    There has been a bug with the BLIST_SINGLELUN (somewhere in
    2.0.2x and lower). The single_lun flag was set at the wrong place and
    was effectivly ignored causing an immediate lock up. Since that has been
    fixed i've never got any problems with data CDs.

    Ciao, ET.

    PS: The dev_info entry MBR-7.4 in scsi/scsi.c is bogus. It is already
    covered by the MBR-7 entry.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.020 / U:247.800 seconds]