SubjectRe: 2.1.111: IDE DMA disabled---

--

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:02:20 Mark Lord wrote:
Hey Guys arguing whether there is a problem or not
does not solve anything. Wouldn't a better approach
be to let the person compile the UDMA option in or
out at his discretion (with a warning). I don't
see that the REAL problem has been identified yet.
Maybe this option would get some more feedback
so that it can be narrowed down. I personally
use a champion 3.5 G UDMA drive and have had no
corruption problems that I can identify. However
I have had hard lockups using UDMA and NFS.
Also strange seek errors.
All went away disabling UDMA. I experienced similar
problems using another 3rd party UDMA patch on 2.0.33.
We're dealing with a lot of variables here.
Thanks for listening and the effort all you guys
put in to make this a great system.
Len

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/ Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.027 / U:0.628 seconds]