    SubjectRe: NFS and 2.1.111
    Date
    > > Grrr. Okay, I give up. What's the best way to turn on debugging for the
    > > nfs client module.... :(
    >
    > Try doing
    >
    > echo 65535 >/proc/sys/sunrpc/nfs_debug
    >
    > or possibly .../rpc_debug. The output may be voluminous, but to track down the
    > problem it would help to know what NFS or RPC routine is failing.

    The current NFS client code is broken. It has been since early 2.1.x. It
    makes one assumption that its safe to manipulate sockets from the received
    data callback which isnt unfortunately true.

    I've had a look at the area of code concerned and while its probably safe
    for UDP (it may not be SMP safe) its not safe for TCP and not easily fixable
    as I had hoped.

    If nobody else has had time in a few weeks I may have another look at it

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.021 / U:0.820 seconds]