       Date: 	Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:43:01 +1200
    From: Chris Wedgwood <>

    And how many internet hosts actually support wscale?

    In my tests, I find a little less than 7% of hosts support wscale.

    be careful with your measurements... For example both IRIX and Digital
    Unix support it, but in the IRIX case it uses them only when clients
    make connections to _it_ advertising window scaling, timestamps, etc.
    The other way around, with IRIX, won't have window scaling or
    timestamps. This is the default configuration of IRIX and what most
    people use.

    Digital Unix, in my experience, will try to enable it not matter which
    side initiates the connection.

    btw, I'm still seeing funnies with 2.1.112-pre2 and sucky

    Ok, I'll be looking into your logs, be patient.

    Oh, and when I sniff the interface, I get double packets for anything
    out-bound - anyone else?

    For loopback this is normal behavior, I never see this for normal
    ethernet. If you are seeing it for normal ethernet, do you happen to
    have multicasting of somesuch enabled (explicitly in ipv4 or as a side
    effect of using ipv6 at all)?

    David S. Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:8.792 seconds]