SubjectRe: Linux 2.0.36pre1
Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:51:24 -0500, Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
> said:
>
> > You might want to track down the "Aiee: scheduling in interrupt" and
> > "kmalloc called non-atomically from interrupt" bugs in the md code as
> > well. If you don't yet have any detailed reports on this then I'm
> > sure I can get one for you in the next day or two, but I haven't had
> > the time to track it down.
>
> Please do. Is this the raid-1/4/5 code or the original linear/stripe md
> modes?
>
> --Stephen

In the 50 or so reboots I did this weekend I don't recall getting it again,
although I might have missed it anyway. It was in the original Raid0 code,
function md_map(). Hmmm...I should correct that, it was using the original
striped mode, but I don't have the faintest clue how much the md_map()
function may have been changed recently so I can't say if that was old or
new code :) Happened when my initrd image did the mdadd -r /dev/md0 (my
root partition is /dev/md0) and then exits. About the time it printed out
the message about allocating 8 bytes for hash is when it came up once with
the Aiee: message and another time with the kmalloc message, and once just
plain oopsed in md_map(). Sorry I don't have the full backtrace on that
one, but it was about 1 1/2 weeks ago when it happened and I was busy
looking for other things :) However, now that I think about it, the machine
did simply lock hard once in my reboots this weekend at the same point it
would normally give an md related error message (if any). It did the
allocating 8 bytes thing, then never got any further if I remember
correctly.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Opinions expressed are my own, but