    SubjectRe: 2.1.110 scrollback
    > Okay.. my previous post wasnt absolutely exact. To get 0 scrollback you
    > have to be at the bottom line of the screen when you switch back from
    > another vc and run the clear; perl thing.
    >
    > outputing lines scrollback to line
    > 383 180
    > 384 no scrollback
    > 385 361
    >
    > And.. being at the bottom of the console where the last lines were
    > 197
    > 198
    > 199 (the result of outputing 200 lines)
    >
    > switched to another vc, came back, outputed another 200 lines, and when
    > I scrolled back, I could get to the start of those last 200 lines, with a
    > 177 instead of a 199.
    >
    > [scrollback ends here]
    > 177
    > 0
    > 1

    Isn't this exactly what happened with older kernels before the console has
    changed, although with different numbers of scrolled-out lines needed to
    produce this effect?

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
    "Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."