    SubjectRe: inodes are not cleared!
    kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

    > To be honest, I suspect you are not right here.
    > At least, networking asked for get_empty_inode(),
    > so that it has right to expect really empty one 8)

    Hi Alexey,

    In this case "empty" means "not assigned to a device and hashed", not
    "set to zero".

    > Look at "struct inode", it contains whole screen of fields.
    > We cannot expect, that networking in general
    > (and particularly, me 8)) knows something about i_flock, i_mmap etc. etc.

    I agree with your principle here, and I don't think you'll find i_flock
    etc giving any trouble to the network layer. If they do, it's probably a
    bug in the code responsible for managing that field.

    But in the case of i_flag, it's apparently a required field for the VFS
    functions being used by the networking layer, so networking needs to
    give it a correct value.

    Regards,
    Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:61.200 seconds]