    SubjectRe: inodes are not cleared!
       Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:50:35 -0400
    From: Bill Hawes <whawes@star.net>

    But it's hardly worth arguing about; if you feel that strongly
    about it, send Linus a patch for get_empty_inode(). One extra
    cleared field isn't going to hurt performance.

    I'm not a maniac about it, in fact look at all the layering violations
    still left in IP/TCP layers :-) (I did try to remove most of them,
    but this job was a difficult one to finish)

    As you note my suggested approach won't cause any performance
    problems, and it may save some headaches for some other people, so it
    seems to make a lot of sense.

    (I do note a trend that when a VFS behaviorism changes, true
    filesystem implementations get updated quite quick, and networking
    dependencies take almost as long to get fully fleshed out as the
    UMSDOS port to dentries has taken ;-) This is my fault as much as
    anyone else's)

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.017 / U:0.240 seconds]