    SubjectRe: inodes are not cleared!
    kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

    > > But in the case of i_flag, it's apparently a required field for the VFS
    > > functions being used by the networking layer, so networking needs to
    > > give it a correct value.
    >
    > Accepted 8)
    >
    > The last question: is i_flags the only field not initialized
    > properly in socket.c?

    I don't know of any other dependencies on inode fields, but I'll check
    further when I'm reviewing the network code. The i_flags usage is rather
    subtle, as it's buried in macros that look at the inode fields.

    On the positive side, maybe some of the i_flags bits will turn out to be
    useful for networking :-)

    Regards,
    Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.020 / U:0.448 seconds]