SubjectRe: inodes are not cleared!
kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

> > But in the case of i_flag, it's apparently a required field for the VFS
> > functions being used by the networking layer, so networking needs to
> > give it a correct value.
>
> Accepted 8)
>
> The last question: is i_flags the only field not initialized
> properly in socket.c?

I don't know of any other dependencies on inode fields, but I'll check
further when I'm reviewing the network code. The i_flags usage is rather
subtle, as it's buried in macros that look at the inode fields.

On the positive side, maybe some of the i_flags bits will turn out to be
useful for networking :-)

Regards,
Bill

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans