SubjectDisappearing SCSI drive when changing SCSI cards
Date
I have a system with 3 SCSI drives that is using an aha1542CF with kernel
BIOS-less aha152x (also used the appropriate driver) an for some reason the
system was only able to detect the first two SCSI drives. I heard about a
limitation on the number of SCSI drives being set somewhere in the kernel,
but I do not know if that applies here. Does anyone know of anyway I can
get all the drives recognized.

PS

On another note. Occasionally I get this error when trying to start
swapping to one of the drives. Something about 1024 blocks not supported.
swapon then freezes. If the system is up I can still do things (except
killing swapon). If the system is booting and enabling swapping through
fstab, the system freezes permanently. (same cause, swapon) Once the error
happens, its happens whenever I try to swap to the drive, even after
rebooting. However, if I run mkswap on it, swap starts to function on it
again, for an undeterminant number of times. As a workaround I am now
running mkswap before enabling swapping when starting up. Any ideas what
could be causing this?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.022 / U:0.504 seconds]