    SubjectRe: ext2fs enhacement/fix [re: shrinking directories]
    > The problem of this solution is (when done on mounted fs) that noone can
    >reading the directory when we are replacing the old copy (dir->f_pos will
    be bad :() and
    >I'm not sure how often this is satisfied on a busy servers with big dirs...

    Perhaps not at the exact moment, but read request can be temporarily delayed
    for the short amount of time it would take to update the directory entry.
    Or the read request could be redirected to the updated directory which would
    be present in memory. Besides directories are updated all the time as is.

    > Bye Honza

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.022 / U:216.004 seconds]