    SubjectRe: Memory Rusting Effect [re: Linux hostile to poverty]
    On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, John Alvord wrote:

    >Keeping it running on rusty old PCs has a significant benefit, *if*
    >the programming effort isn't too high. When a system runs fine on low end
    >machines it will fly on high end machines. Inefficiences that are masked
    I mainly agree but it' s not always true. For example there are algorithms
    that run in O(n*log(n)) but use the double of memory. These algorithms
    could be slower in a machine that will need to swapout everything to run,
    but they will be very very faster in a machine with a lot of memory.

    Andrea[s] Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:21.564 seconds]