SubjectRe: X server for x86 frame buffer

>> I'd like to try out an X-server on top of vesafb. Has anybody been
>> there and done that?

Martin> Yes, on my machine XF68_FBDev runs happily with vesafb on
Martin> Neomagic.

Maybe one should mention that the FBDev server is already part of
XFree and can be found in programs/Xserver/hw/xfree68

I have patches for an experimental accelerated server for the
NCR77C32BLT chip. It was done for an Amiga (ie. m68k) based graphics
board and is not fully uptodate with the handling of *_ACCEL flags in
the var structures anymore, but if anyone wants to see how to bind an
accelerated server into fbdev it might be a good starting point.

If you want to play with these patches, take a look at SunSITE.auc.dk
/pub/os/linux/680x0/testing/patches/xfree.diff.gz

Jes

PS: Maybe it is about time we rename xfree68 to xfreefbdev or
something similar.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.073 / U:0.224 seconds]