SubjectRe: I/O permissions for V86 tasks (Enhanced V86 Mode)?
Date
> embedded in the entire task structure, which means that moving it out
> of there so that it can be resized is going to be rather complicated
> to say the least. I am positive that it can be done, but it is going
> to have wide reaching implications and could have undesired effects
> on other parts of the kernel.

It depends where you put things. Nothing stops the TSS and inode map
being at the end of the task structure. So you allocate a new task
structure of the desired size. The only problem there is Linus 8K hack
and the fact a 16K block is really pushing things harder in the current
mm problems. You have to do this in advance too - trying to swap the
kernel stack of a task is not a sane proceedure.

I'll keep thinking

Alan