    SubjectRe: 109pre2 video problem with X
    On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Meelis Roos wrote:

    > > That happens to me at least once a day or more, depending on how
    > > much I use X. I have a Cirrus 5446 PCI with 2M, and am running
    > > 2.0.35.
    >
    > It didn't happen to me with 2.0.32 and 2.1.x (x <=106). It happnes with
    > 109pre2 to me.

    Personally I don't think it is a kernel issue, but what do I
    know... Ever since installing RedHat 5.1 it has occured. I have
    used a variety of kernels from 2.0.3[1-5]. I haven't tried with
    a 2.1.x but I nonetheless am getting the same trouble it sounds.

    > Recent sound changes? Do you have (and use) a sound card when the problem
    > happens?

    I have a standard SoundBlaster 16 Basic edition (a yellow
    boxed real one, not a clone). I am not using sound at the times
    that these problems occur. I am however using KDE, although it
    did the same in fvwm too. I suspect X itself.

    > Hmm, I'm not sure about the kernels versions above any more. Just started
    > playing MP3s massively yesterday, haven't done this so much before.

    I hope someone finds the problem soon. I've had to reboot 3
    times because of it...

    --
    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
    PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.023 / U:0.180 seconds]