Subjectunnacceptable behavior...

There are many ways to deal with a thread of discussion one does not
like here. In fact the list of ways is endless.

However the one chosen by Mr. Gooch was the most asinine one I could
have ever dreamt up.

If anyone else has begun using his silly rocket scientist enabled
.procmailrc snippet, I suggest you stop using it right now. Not only
is it extremely bad netiquette, many people who decided to try and use
it are creating mailing list loops. Sorry, this is where I step in.

So stop doing this now.

Mr. Gooch has been removed from this list so that he has a chance to
read this and turn off his procmail rule, instead of slingshotting
postings back to people all day and potentially creating mailing list
loops galore. (it was a preventative measure Richard, I'm not trying
to remove you permanently from the list, so please don't take it this
way)

I'm sure otherwise I'd have 1900 mails to read when I next wake up,
and so would some other people.

So if the thread doesn't stop and it really sickens you, procmail it
to dev null, not back to the posters and the list itself, that's just
anti-social behavior.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.049 / U:0.392 seconds]