    SubjectRe: Strange interrupt behaviour

    On 14 Jul 1998, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

    > What is the correct way of interpreting slabinfo? Quick summary from a
    > mm guru? What do the two cols mean?

    Well, this is part of the draft I am (heh) writing to document /proc
    Clarifications, additions, etc, very welcome as this is mostly 'guessing',
    since I haven't had a look to how mm works yet.

    Information about the cache memory allocated for the various structures
    held in the system. Each structure type is called a slab, and each
    structure of that type is called an object.

    %s cache name
    %d active objects
    %d total objects. These objects, albeit unused, are kept in the slab cache
    so we don't have grow that particular slab in case we need more objects
    -Following fields are only available #if SLAB_STATS-
    %d active slabs
    %d total slabs
    %d pages per slab
    %d the highest active object in the slab
    %d incremented each time the slab allocates space for an object
    %d incremented each time the slab increases its size
    %d incremented each time the slab gets reaped (removed from the slab list)
    %d incremented each time there's an error allocing or freeing kmem

    > Is this slabinfo gonna be usefull to fixing/diagnosing the current mm
    > problems? Perhaps someone would like to collect a bunch of them (off
    > list) and summarize?

    Dunno, but if SLAB_STATS still works it could be sueful.

    ____/| Ragnar Hojland ( Fingerprint 94C4B
    \ o.O| 2F0D27DE025BE2302C
    =(_)= "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for 104B78C56 B72F0822
    U chaos and madness await thee at its end." hkp://

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.037 / U:88.140 seconds]