    SubjectRe: Strange interrupt behaviour
    On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Alex Buell wrote:

    > I don't know if there are anyone still using 4MB boxes with 2.1.x kernels
    > - anyone else care to speak up?

    I was definitely planning on trying... I'm trying to throw together a PPP
    router on a 4MB 486SLC. But after hearing about interrupt latency
    problems, memory fragmentation, and having some strange problems with ppp
    2.3.5 myself [1], it makes me a bit wary. Of course, I'll try it
    nonetheless and let this list know if I come across anything strange.

    [1] acks seem to be making it out over the PPP link, but never making it
    back to the other side. This seems to show up in 2.1.106-ac3, but not
    in 2.0.31+qnx [2]. I haven't ruled out the possibility of the acks
    being snarfed by asymmetric routing, and am still running tests...
    [2] Yes, the QNX scheduler... I love it. I hope it'll get ported to 2.1
    one of these days...

    ----
    Aaron J. Grier | agrier@cse.ogi.edu
    "Technically, Windows is an 'operating system,' which means that it
    supplies your computer with the basic commands that it needs to
    suddenly, with no warning whatsoever, stop operating." -- Dave Barry

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:1.428 seconds]