    SubjectRe: Linus Speaks About KDE-Bashing
    Thus spake Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com):
    > > - Nobody GNU ever demanded that TOG provides a free replacement
    > > for Motif. Instead the GNU community got up and started
    > > LessTif themselves. But KDE or the Trolls shall be responsible
    > > for providing a free alternative? Why?
    > If KDE wants to be the "de facto" standard desktop, then yes
    > it is their responsibility to provide a GNU GPL'ed QT replacement.

    No.
    "de facto" means no responsibility whatsoever.

    > Well, no. KDE-QT have created the problem, and they can either
    > alter their current behaviour or let the lawyers settle it.

    No. They created a fine desktop environment.
    If you don't like it, it's your problem, not theirs.
    And definitely not mine.

    > Well, yes. Using your logic we should all still be using Windows
    > and Linux should never have been written.

    Exactly.
    Please go ahead and use Windows and let the programmers do their job
    instead of wasting their time with futile discussions with you.
    Thanks.

    > I tend to think it is just you.

    Ever noticed that all the others are stupid and you are the only one who
    understands the situation?
    Coincidence? I think not.

    > That we should have only one choice and that should be KDE?

    If you don't like KDE, don't use it.
    It's that simple.

    Felix

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:4.683 / U:0.220 seconds]