    SubjectRe: Linus Speaks About KDE-Bashing
    Richard Stallman wrote:

    > Modified versions of a GPL-covered program are supposed to be free,
    > too. If restrictions could be added by combining the free program
    > with some non-free code, the combined program would be non-free,
    > because of the restrictions on the non-free part. Therefore, any
    > effective copyleft must insist that all the parts of any combination
    > have to be free software. The GPL is designed to do this.

    According to your very words, any GPL'd software becomes illegal when
    used with the QT toolkit. I *like* the implications of that. [Puts on
    best pair of flame-proof underpants]

    Here endth my contributions to this thread.

    Cheers,
    Alex.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:5.264 seconds]