    SubjectRe: Linus Speaks About KDE-Bashing
    Date
    > completely unrelated to copyrights between the gimp/kde people, with bad
    > blood between rival systems. The GPL was _meant_ to allow sharing of code,
    > and as such I find it disturbing that people are now using it to try to
    > force non-sharing.

    They are using it to prevent a free software project becoming dependant
    on a non free product that they can't modify and isnt free. Their
    argument is precisely identical to the case where I produce a binary
    only module the kernel depends on for functionality - say the networking
    and say "its ok, its not being charged for - look at KDE you said that
    was ok".

    Its ok by the BSD license, and by all means pick appropriate licenses
    when you want to do such things. It is not ok by the GPL

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.017 / U:31.496 seconds]