SubjectRe: Linus Speaks About KDE-Bashing
On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Terry L Ridder wrote:

> 3. The FSF has stated that the QT library is not a system library
> and therefore it is against the GNU GPL to link GNU GPL'ed source
> code against it.
>
> The quick and dirty solution to all of this:
> The non-KDE people have their lawyers call the KDE people's lawyers
> and the lawyers have lunch together.
Which will probably happen when KDE commits the first real bigger crime of
stealing GPL'ed code. The application set to become this is Gimp, where
there is already a Kimp version, but it seems not to be distributed, so
there is no major breach of GPL yet.

> That Linux International and The Free Software Foundation
I do not know if the FSF holds the copyright of the Gimp.
If so, FSF is entitled to protect it's copyright. :)
> Realizing that this costs money, I will gladly donate $100 USD
> to the legal fund to deal with the KDE-QT issue once and for all.
I'll also would donate to this fund.

Andreas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.199 / U:0.660 seconds]