    SubjectRe: Console fixes for 2.1.108
    On 10 Jul, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    > I just submitted the latest version of the console fix to JitterBug. The patch
    > is relative to 2.1.108 and can be downloaded from:
    I tested this, it needs some tweaks to compile:
    - seems like con_init() int drivers/char/console.c should return
    unsigned long rather than void. This also affect one return statement in
    the function.

    - the no_scroll command line parameter and its function is only
    implemented for vgacon, and should be dependent on CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE
    (in init/main.c).

    Once booted (with vgafb) I still have a version of the black-on-black
    problem. Kernel console messages appear right, but any output though
    the tty seems to be written with the current background color. But if I
    switch to another VC and then back the screen content is updated and
    appears correct, but any updates while focused only affects the cursor

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:4.012 seconds]