    SubjectRe: 5000 emails later, compressed summary ;)
    On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

    [Michael Chastain wrote:]
    > > It is convenient and it does save hours of compile time. But I think
    > > it's a new feature, and as a new feature, it doesn't belong in 2.0.XX.
    >
    > I tend to agree (for now anyway)

    Yes, it's a feature, but it's not really touching the code directly.. My
    reasoning was that, even if the dependencies failed to trigger
    recompilation of the code, people doing the recommended

    > make clean; make dep; make zImage

    would not be affected.

    Anyway, it's entirely your decision.

    > > Of course I defer to Alan Cox as the arbiter of what belongs in 2.0.XX.
    >
    > Do take the trouble to call me names when I make a silyl choice though

    :-)

    Thanks,
    Ion

    --
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
    than to open it and remove all doubt.