SubjectRe: AIC7XXXX bug in 2.0.34
Date
> Is it safe/advisable to simply use the aic7xxx driver from 2.0.33 since it
> works fine? If so, is there anything special that I should be aware of
> using a different driver than what comes with the kernel?

That is intentionally true for all .33 and .34 drivers. Also check with
Doug if he has a yet newer driver. Finally on the Adaptec front there is
one piece of good news. Adaptec joined Linux International and will also
be providing documentation and assistance to people working on the driver
-finally-. Hopefully that will signifcantly improve the driver
stability. Certainly the other vendor supported drivers are far far
more stable than the non vendor ones like the adaptec 29xx

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.798 / U:0.100 seconds]