Subject2.0.x and 2.1.x
I reckon that the hacks to increase the FD limits to x-amounts are at
best a short term solution.

I particularly like the dynamic FD patch for 2.1.x, this is cool and one
can have as many as you like as long as you have the memory to spare. Of
course, there are implications for glibc2. I have no doubt that glibc2
can be modified though, but let's not bother with libc5.

BTW, I built egcs-1.0.3 last night and it's now happily at work
constructing the glibc v2.0.94 libraries right now. Hopefully that'll
fix the problems I've been experiencing lately with certain software.

I intend to use glibc as a secondary library for the time being, and
build using the -B option in egcs, then after say 2-3 months, and if I'm
happy with that, then I'll set glibc as the primary library.

I still need to retain gcc 2.7.2.3 to compile the 2.0.x kernels, is this
correct? Or can I throw it away and use egcs for 2.0.x? [Disk space
reasons]

What's the best way to weed out old libc5 executables and make them into
glibc2 executables? [I have the sources for everything on my system!]

Cheers,
Alex.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.027 / U:0.068 seconds]