    SubjectRe: Thread implementations...
    On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 06:16:59 PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > - you can give it a length of MAX_ULONG, and it will write as much as it
    > can.
    Wouldn't using 0 be more sensical? MAX_ULONG gives you troubles if you get
    in the odd situation of wanting to send exactly MAX_ULONG bytes. (Whereas if
    you want to send 0 bytes, you need to rethink your design.)

    > This is going to be in 2.2, btw. The changes are so small and so obviously
    > have to work that it would be ridiculous not to have this - the only
    > question is whether I'll try to make it a "copyfd()" system call instead,
    > falling back on read+write when I can't use the page cache directly. I
    > suspect I won't.

    It seems to me that the Right Way to do this is to push the "acting"
    interface down to the file_operations.read level. Is this too big of a
    change for the feature freeze that we are under in theory?

    -=- James Mastros
    --
    True mastery is knowing enough to bullshit the rest.
    -=- Me