SubjectRe: Weird spelling fixes in 2.1.107
David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
>
> Each time, I just deleted "uhhuh". I didn't mean to take away the
> fun for anyone, just wanted to make things a tiny bit clearer. :)
>
> But you did, because now as I read those "new and improved" versions
> of the comments I feel like I'm reading a textbook which is dead and
> without life, not a piece of source code which is full of life and
> personality.
>
> Later,
> David S. Miller
> davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

I not only agree with David on this point but will expanded upon it.
The current RedHat Linux distribution 5.1 has as an language for
installation
of "Redneck", it is meant to instill humour and life into an otherwise
boring routine of installing software. The fact that 'Redneck' exists as
a language option is an indication that there is life and humour in
Linux.
The 'Redneck' option is the total antithesis of the spelling and grammar
checking that has taken place in the development kernel.
The 'Redneck' option has misspelling, incorrect capitalization, etc.
If someone is worried/concerned about the Linux source code not
appearing
"professional" and not being 100% linguistically correct perhaps they
should begin to lobby RedHat to remove the 'Redneck' language option.

Source code should convey the personality of the programmer and
humour of the programmer. To take that away from the programmer
any programmer will soon discourage that programmer from contributing
to the Linux Community.

The day that I ask any programmer working for me to leave their
personality and humour at the door, and code as an umemotional robot
will be the day that I get out of the computer industry.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt
and all the milk has turned
and Captain Crunch is waving farewell
when the Big One finds you
may this song remind you that they
don't serve breakfast in hell
==Breakfast==Newsboys

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.171 / U:0.080 seconds]