SubjectRe: uniform input device packets?
On Thu, Jun 25, 1998 at 05:57:06AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > > Then we'll generate both 'pressed' and 'released' events when we receive
> > > it. This is for example valid for the 'Pause' key on a PC keyboard.
> > I supose you could do that -- though that would be implying instantaneous
> > key-pressing (time of down==time of up).
>
> for such situations, events issued on the same device type, same device
> number, same event type and same event index should always have slightly
> different times, just in case. like 1/65536th of a second later,
> artificially. no?

Yes, this sounds good to me.

> > > Which would you go for? Myself I would choose either 3* or 2*.
> > I'd go for 4. We want to provide _lots_ of room to grow. Remember when
> > 640k was enough for anybody? I think here 64k will do, but 256 is a bit
> > short. (Yes, the current keyboard driver gets away with 128.)
>
> and the current PC video cards disallow use of several video cards at
> once, except in very special situations (2 if one is MDA/Herc)

SPEAs, and Pyramids, and some PCI S3's and ATI's can be used in
more than one instance per system, however, not in VGA compatible
mode.

But, how this is relevant to the number of bits we are reserving for
keycodes?

Vojtech

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.083 / U:1.048 seconds]