    SubjectRe: Sendmail 8.9.0 claims a Linux kernel bug
    > and every time the error happens, sendmail refuses connections for
    > 5 seconds.

    Fix sendmail, better yet get a better mail daemon

    > What is going on here? This is a heavily loaded mail server. Is
    > this really a Linux kernel bug?

    No its a Linux following RFC1122 versus Sendmail following original BSD
    now POSIX 1003.1g draft somethinghuge. 2.1.x should be behaving as per
    POSIX draft. The 2.0 kernels follow the intent of the RFC - which I still
    maintain is technically superior. The fact you can see all those "no
    route to host" events tells you there are one way routing problems
    impacting mail. Followers of the Posix religion wouldnt have known.

    Posix is however now the official religion, rightly or wrongly so you have
    to run icmpinfo to see whats going on in the world. 2.1.x follows it.

    The 5 second delay in sendmail itself for this is just plain silly as

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:26.384 seconds]