SubjectRe: Thread implementations...

> For something like (al la PH-UX):
> ssize_t sendfile(int s, int fd, off_t offset, size_t nbytes,
> const struct iovec *hdtrl, int flags);
> where s is the NETWORK socket, fd is the FILESYSTEM file descriptor.

What about adding a syscall to _copy_ data from one file descriptor
to another one, supporting not only sockets, but also plain files.

* File blocks can be copied without passing them to/from user

* With some support in file systems, we can convert block-aligned
copies directly to buffer cache operations, potentially using
SCSI block copy operations).

* We can also implement socket-to-file, file-to-pipe and several
other interesting cases without introducing YAS (Yet Another

Have a nice fortnight
Martin `MJ' Mares <>
"Compatible: Gracefully accepts erroneous data from any source."