SubjectRe: Secure-linux and standard kernel
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > How come the secure-linux patches are not incorporated into the standard
> > kernel? Are there any current plans to implement stronger security to the
> > standard kernel?
>
> I folded some bits of it into 2.0.34 where it was relevant to a general
> purpose OS (eg securelevel bits). The part of the patch that does segment
> register checking broke too much stuff so it went out.
I am very interested in securing the kernel and user level programs. What
types of security measures are being worked on within the standard kernel?
I have seen a lot of patches floating around that are thier to harden
linux, e.g. route's patch to make pingd in userland.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.094 / U:0.128 seconds]