    SubjectRe: Thread implementations...
    Richard Gooch writes:
    > Dean Gaudet writes:
    > > On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:
    > >
    > > > What exactly do you mean "you're told when it completes"?
    > >
    > > You write/read a buffer, and control returns immediately. Some
    > > unspecified time later, when the write/read completes, your program is
    > > informed either via a completion port (NT), or via a function you passed
    > > to the kernel (VMS).
    >
    > Can these NT completion ports multiple events from multiple FDs?

    Make that: "Can these NT completion ports multiplex events from
    multiple FDs?"

    > > > Or you could use my library...
    > >
    > > I believe you said in a previous post that you don't care about NT.
    >
    > I don't care about it in the context of a solution for a UNIX
    > system. If there is an NT solution, but it doesn't exist in UNIX, then
    > it doesn't help me, or others who want to get the best out of their
    > UNIX systems.

    I should also say that I have no problem with making use of some
    native NT mechanism where appropriate, *for NT*. My library makes the
    best use of whatever the OS supplies.

    Regards,

    Richard....

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.023 / U:29.692 seconds]