SubjectRe: Y2K
Date
"A month of sundays ago Chris Siebenmann wrote:"

> POSIX defines Unix time as essentially 'UTC as if leap seconds did

Thanks for the concise explanation (and confirmation of my fears).

> When a new leap second is introduced, Unix time is instantly a second
> ahead of what it should be (since it ticked a 'real' second ahead during
> the leap second), and Unix time must be adjusted backwards. xntpd and

I'm a little worried about year 2K. They seem to count it as a leap
year. Is that correct? I thought it was |4, except for |100, except for
|400, but I don't know the approximation after that. As I recall this
has been hashed over several times in year 2K groups, and the
conclusion ws that school texts are usually wrong, and the american
constitution definitely is. Or vice versa (on this issue).

> other time sync methods do this.
> "I shall clasp my hands together and bow to the corners of the world."
> Number Ten Ox, "Bridge of Birds"
> cks@utcc.toronto.edu utgpu!cks

Peter ptb@it.uc3m.es

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.101 / U:0.244 seconds]