SubjectRe: uniform input device packets?
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Adam D. Bradley wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 12:06:53PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> >
> > > simplified as mentiond below I think this would also give us an easy hook to use
> > > with USB devices. If the program is accepting input and all the devices send the
> > > codes (I don't know if we really need the timestamp) the program would then be
> > > able to handle them all appropriatly.
> >
> > Yes; USB input device support could follow fairly easily then. However, USB in
> > itself can do more than just input devices.
>
> Methinks this thing is starting to sound a little bit like the
> console-handling part of EvStack as proposed by the GGI folk ...
> vaguely speaking, the idea is to provide a 'unified console object'
> which delivers a stream of event messages to a process, those events
> coming from a set of input devices which are "related to" the console
> (keyboard, mouse, joystick, light pen, trackball, retinal orientation
> detector, etc). Am I wrong?

No, that is the essence of it. If you want to look at some
documentation, go to http://www.ggi-project.org and download the latest
snapshot of the development tree and look in degas/doc.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
- Scientist G. Richard Seed

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.058 / U:0.256 seconds]