SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: LVM / Filesystems / High availability
Vadim E. Kogan wrote:

> Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> > Absolutely. In fact, I'm beginning to think that linux-2.4 should
> > actually be numbered 3.0, with "Enterprise Scalability" being the big
> > thing for the new version number. The main thing needed for that over
> > and above what's already been described is more scalable SMP.
>
> Linux will have to include many more functions before it'll be usefull
> for "Enterprise" level.

Such as?

I'm very interested in the viability of large Linux servers, and I'd
love to hear what you think is missing. My pet items are support for
very large (> 10K) fds per process, and I/O completion ports (or
something like that; sct's SIGRTIO system would work fine for me).

Mike

--
166141.87 132452.00