SubjectRe: Security Audit
  From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 19:32:50 +0100 (BST)

Every package I've fixed or merged diffs into for Red Hat they have gone to
the maintainer if there is one. Often there isnt. Metamail has no maintainer
and the nmh maintainers didnt seem at all interested in the holes in nmh. It
varies. They _are_ going back however.

I believe the Debian policy is identical on this issue

So it sounds like what we are lacking then is a common repository for "fixed"
versions of packages that are either unmaintained such as metamail or where
there is no choice but to diverge from the author's version due to lack of
interest in security fixes. I'd definitely like to see a single source
repository for this.

Leonard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.844 / U:1.524 seconds]