SubjectRe: Thread implementations...
> > This involves kernel bloat. It seems to me that there is such a simple
> > userspace solution, so why bother hacking the kernel?
> I don't think the userspace solution is as fast as the event queue
> solution.

I think thats pretty obvious. Select() is an event queue mechanism which
does a setup for each select(). Asynchronous I/O has some similar
properties (clone, I/O , signal) but is only per handle. A pure event
queue model does one setup per handle only per handle that matters and
not per event setups. You just get the queue overheads