    SubjectRe: Thread implementations...
    > > This involves kernel bloat. It seems to me that there is such a simple
    > > userspace solution, so why bother hacking the kernel?
    > I don't think the userspace solution is as fast as the event queue
    > solution.

    I think thats pretty obvious. Select() is an event queue mechanism which
    does a setup for each select(). Asynchronous I/O has some similar
    properties (clone, I/O , signal) but is only per handle. A pure event
    queue model does one setup per handle only per handle that matters and
    not per event setups. You just get the queue overheads

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.022 / U:1.288 seconds]