    Subjectre: Limits in the kernel
    Well you could lower the MAX_TASKS_PER_USER in
    To somethine more reasonable like 50 or so.
    The default is 256.

    I have a patch I made to setup a /proc/secure/maxtasks
    Using sysctl to change the MAX_TASKS_PER_USER on the fly.

    Hope that helps.

    Jaime Fournier
    Austin AIX Systems Administration

    Is it possible to configure the kernel in the same manner as a
    solaris/sunos kernel (/etc/system)? It is very easy for a regular
    user to
    make a linux box unresponsive and crash eventually.

    This simple program will do that:

    main ()

    I'm sure you all know that, now the question is, how do I prevent
    something like that from happening, and is it possible to set some
    sort of
    limits in the kernel?

    Thanks in advance.

    Jaime Fournier
    Systems Administrator
    Austin AIX Support Group

    Any opinions expressed in the above message are the opinions of the writer, and not necessarily those of IBM.
    Get your free address at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:62.392 seconds]