SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: LVM / Filesystems / High availability
greg@nightshade.ml.org wrote:

> > find / -package glibc2 -bdate 15-06-98
>
> That sounds *alot* like the stuff rpm can do without bloating the kernel.

rpm can't do that, since it would require heavy magic to find files that came out
of a tgz rather than a rpm... :-) "install", however, could certainly set those

> Perhaps an intelgent thing to do would be to have the FS support 'extended
> metadata'.

I think this is the way to go. I would be glad if I knew which libraries I can
safely remove... I'm currently working on a script that scans my harddisks for
executables, builds a list of libraries that are not linked by any executable, and
sends me this list by eMail. It would be nice if the script could also tell me the
header files that came with the libraries and anything else related to them.

CU
Simon

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.109 / U:0.084 seconds]